Media & Content Specialist Intern
The Marketing & Communications (MarCom) Office is seeking a Media & Content specialist Intern. Under a unified brand, the Media & Content specialist will work closely with our cross-functional MARCOM and Member Services teams to research trending topics and create/publish member content. Hours are flexible to work output and most of the work is in an office or home-office environment.
Key Capabilities Include:
- Performing in a Traction EOS environment: “Get it, Want it & being Capable” of the responsibilities;
- Source and editing strategic, clear, creative and clean SEO-driven copy and design content in a fast-paced environment. Includes requesting and integrating content submissions and ideas from collaborators and other articles.
- Planning and posting original, engaging branded content across our social media channels, including: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Computer literacy – understanding the landscape of online communications from working in Microsoft Word to using SaaS content creation systems (i.e. Lumen 5, Flipboards, Canva, etc.)
- Writing proficiency – to write and edit with speed and accuracy, displaying a strong knowledge of English grammar and the ability to create clear, engaging, and informative text
- Organizational skills – organized and efficient, content & media specialist maintain calendars and juggle deadlines, keeping track of content throughout the editorial process and ensuring that work is submitted on time
- Promote cross-departmental communication.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office in particular).
- Experience with marketing/advertising campaigns. (preferred)
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Content Management Systems (Drupal, WordPress, Canva, Lumen 5, Flip board or similar)
- Layout/Design Software (Adobe)